Friday, December 19, 2008

redoing the kids' rooms

My boys are 16 and 11, and after forcing them to live their entire lives in tiny rooms filled with hand-me-downs, furniture I found on the street, and furniture that belonged to relatives who have been dead since before they were born (not that there's anything wrong with that, as JS would say!), I have decided to redo their rooms. My sister points out that my older son is going to college in a year and a half so why bother? Um, exactly! It will be fabulous and I will get to enjoy it without him! No, I don't really mean that. Now that he is a total teenager who never wants to be in his own house, maybe a fabulous room will entice him to spend more than five minutes at a time here. Besides, I can no longer stand looking at that Grand Theft Auto poster on his wall of the girl sucking on the ... lollipop. The redo will include new posters. I'm sure he'll sub that out for like, Picasso. As for the little brother, I'm currently searching for a wolves howling in the snow motif comforter. Incredibly, there are so many to choose from, I cannot decide.

1 comment:

  1. I think all my furniture used to belong to dead people. Turns out they have the best stuff.

    ReplyDelete