Sunday, February 1, 2009

Reading at Barnes & Noble

I'm reading from "13 Is the New 18" on Thur., Feb. 5, at 7:30 p.m. at the Barnes & Noble in Park Slope, Brooklyn, at Seventh Ave and Sixth St. (F train to Seventh Ave.)

The event is a benefit for Beacon High School, so any book you buy in the store, not just my book, counts. Just make sure you say 'bookfair' at the register.

Should be a lot of fun. Louise Crawford, who writes "Only the Blog Knows Brooklyn" http://www.otbkb.com and the Smartmom column for the Brooklyn paper, will be introducing me. I am a huge fan of Louise's. In the book, I quote from one of her columns: Her son, in elementary school, gets one of those writing assignments that all little boys hate -- "Write about a memory."

"But I don't have any memories!" he says.

Bless the little boys, for they live in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment